Budapest Graffiti Art: Homepage and overview of updates
the locations *
- Bigger format of the
in Budapest * Private tour: Graffiti Art in Budapest
Szia Budapest" websites about Budapest.
"Budapestgraffiti" is a tribute to the often very beautiful Graffiti Art which can be found in Budapest and contains mainly photo galleries of beautiful and/or striking Graffiti Art photographed in the whole city. In the near future also other Graffiti expressions in Budapest will be shown.
Julius started in September 2010 with taking pictures and since then he has made thousands of photographs on almost 70! locations. Gradually highlights of the Art made on these locations will be shown on this website. First only galleries (since june 23, 2012 Graffiti Art on 36 locations in Budapest), later the names of the artists will be added to the galleries. Beside of it there are also categories in which the art is divided, information on commercial companies and more.
Note: Courtesy of the artist Taker who provided Julius with corrections and other information. This is highly appreciated!
* June 23: Gallery of location XXXVI is added;
* June 12: Extension of the Galleries 9 and 34: both with a new page with 20 Graffiti Artworks each which are recently made;
* June 3: The Wall of Fame - Gallery "May 2012" is added;
* May 11: Gallery of new location XXXV is added;
* May 1: The Wall of Fame - Gallery "April 2012" is added;
* April 14: Page about the Graffiti Artist(Fat) Heat added;
* April 9: Updated and extended pages about the Graffiti Artist Deneb;
* April 3: The Wall of Fame Gallery "March 2012" added;
* March 13, added new Gallery XXXIV, with five 2012 Artworks by Heat;
* March 5: The Wall of Fame - Gallery "February 2012" added showing e.g. an unfinnished artwork by Taker;
* February 29: Major changes on the Overview page "Non-commercial Graffititi Art locations", e.g. locatons divided in categories and new location XXXIII added;
* February 23: Gallery of new location XXXII added;
* February 20: Galleries of locations VIII and IX - revised and extended and Gallery location XXXI added;
* February 17: Location II: existing galleries revised and updated and new page added with more photographs;
* February 12: Technical updates on galleries II-XX and photographs added to the galleries of Locations III and V;
* February 11: locations XXVI to XXX are added, update indexpage and update Overview page "locations";
* February 7: Locations XXII, XXIII, XXIV and XXV are added and update Overview page "locations";
* February 4: The Wall of Fame updated till February 1, 2012 and Overview page modified;
* February 3: First versions of the Wall of Fame galeries September, October, November and December 2011 are added;
* January 19: Updating indexpage and changing footer and menu;
* October 8: Locations XX and XXI are added;
* October 7: Artwork by Taker "Tribute to Steve Jobs" added;
* October 6: Temporary page about art by Deneb is added;
* October 2, 2011: The Wall of Fame September 2011 edition is added;
* October 2, 2011: Page added about Graffiti Art event during the Design HĂ©t in the VĂˇkum Design Shop;
* September 28, 2011: Two new artworks by Taker added to the about him in the chapter artists;
* September 27, 2011: New chapter: Budapest Graffiti Artists, with the first gallery devoted to the artist Taker;
* September 25, 2011: Location XIX is added;
* September 20, 2011: Locations XVI, XVII and XVIII are added and several pages are revised;
* September 12, 2011: Last layout changes and few text corrections;
* September 10, 2011: Layout changes and update of Location IX, with an extra page with new pictures;
* September 5, 2011: The Wall of Fame galleries March-August 2011 are online;
* September 3, 2011: Location XV is added with new art by Taker!;
* August 26, 2011: Location XIV is added with excellent examples of art;
* August 25, 2011: Mainpage Commercial Art updated and with new gallery;
* August 21, 2011: Locations XII and XIII are added;
* August 18, 2011: The first two categories are added;
* August 14, 2011: Locations IX-XI are added;
* August 12, 2011: Graffiti art locations I-VIII in Budapest are shown in galleries;
* August 10, 2011: Budapestgraffiti is launched.
The addresses of the locations are conscious not listed. The work done by Julius discovering these locations, taking pictures and to keep the information up-to-date, is that big that Julius has decided to keep this information secret to avoid that others make too much profit of his work. Beside of it: several locations are officially forbidden for visitors and the visiting of the dilapidated buildings is not without risk, in fact it can be (very) dangerous in several ways.
Zoom in: ctrl+
Zoom out: ctrl-
With these codes you can view all Art in detail whitout loosing the complete overview.
Since September 2010 Julius follows the developments of this art form in Budapest and made more and more photographs and discovered also more and more locations. Therefore the subject got too big for the "Szia Budapest" websites and Julius decided to introduce a separate website for this kind of Art. And also because it's an unique form of Art, which often only for a short time can be viewed.
Beside the beautiful Art, is Graffiti also a growing problem in Budapest and no building or a door, monuments or buildings of lesser importance, can escape. Most of this Graffiti is vandalism, with great damage as result. When walking through Budapest and familar with Graffiti you'll see the same tags on numerous locations, because most artists or vandals are to recognize at a style.
A scaffolding against a wall guarantees that artists or vandals try to use it to put Graffiti on a rooftop of a building (see photo). The expression as shown in the picture can be found at numerous places in Budapest. This is the same for other tags. And, when you walk through Budapest, and see a beautiful Art Nouveau door that is daubed with Graffiti, then you wonder how less respect for the art and awareness of the value of door the people do have who destroyed it. Youthful indiscretions or lack of education? A great deal of water must flow through the Danube before the vandalism will stop and in Budapest are plenty of places where Graffiti is not injurious, but rather an enrichment.
This literally and figuratively adventurously tour, brings you to different locations in Budapest such as "The Wall of Fame". And, currently, also to a dilapidated factory complex where many beautiful examples of Graffiti Art can be viewed. The route and which locations will be visted, will be determined just before the tour starts. Julius has knowledge of almost 70 locations, so it will be a random choice. Because the Graffiti Art often change it is always a surprise, also for your guide, what will be found during this private tour!
Private tours (on Szia Budapest)
More tours at the Homepage
Non commercial art
More topics on the Homepage
More topics on the Homepage
Also worth to visit
Questions? mail Julius